Monday, May 19, 2008

Is it summer????

For any one who has forgotten, I strongly dislike the cold, so when Fro was asking in February to paint a bird house I couldn't wait until it started to get warm again. I don't know where she got the idea but every time we passed a craft store, JoAnn Fabric, Hobby Lobby, Michael's she would always bring it up. Well, I finally gave in and we spent a Saturday afternoon skillfully painting the bird house, getting it ready for it's new owner, who ever they may be. Fro had a blast, and thanks to washable and fume free paints, so did I.



My little angle!





Finishing up the roof.


What I thought was the finished project


Now, the finished project.
No one has claimed this as their home as of yet, Fro has to bring it in every night! Just can't let go! :)

2 comments:

I'm Amy. Or Melynne. Whatever. said...

Beautiful! I thought the fumes in the paint WERE what helped parents have a good time with kids craft projects! ;) You'll have to post pictures when the new residents move in.

Susan said...

I love your birdhouse. You definately have some Martha Stewart in you. I hope that you have some residents set up housekeeping. I always wanted to have humming birds at feeders on the porch. I think I was successful one year. The problem is that you need to make sure to change the "feed" regularly. It's so sweet that it ferments in the hot sun and makes humming birds sick and drunk...not a good thing! Love you guys