Monday, June 9, 2008

The Joys of HR

When I went into HR I figured I'd have to do my fair share of firing, ya know, performance issues, failed drug screens, attendance, drinking on the job. Well this week I can add bouncer to my resume because I had to throw out my very first drunk! Some guy, more than likely a vagrant, somehow climbed into our warehouse through one of the bay doors, the tall ones that semi-trucks back up into to deliver or pick up merchandise, and began wondering through the warehouse. Either my janitor stopped him or he stopped my janitor, who happens to be from Somalia and speaks only a few words in English, favorite phases are "I am fine" and "No good". Anyway this guy stopped my employee and tried to communicate with him, in his drunken stupor, it was kind of funny. Good thing I work for a manufacturing plant and I have a lot of big, tough, beefy guys to back me up and assist me in these fun little duties! I have to admit that my job is never boring, frustrating and infuriating yes, but boring NO!!!!!! :)

No comments: