Monday, June 1, 2009

And The Award Goes To....

A few day's before school ended there was an award assembly for all the students. I got a little card in her back pack letting me know that Little Missy would be receiving an award during this assembly. I wasn't sure what it was but I was (still am) pretty darn proud of her, especially considering how the whole school year started. Anyway, I went and she was the one in her class who received the award for Belonging. Now, to explain there is a national award program that this is attached to and there are eight different awards that go along with it. A student from each grade is selected by the teachers and staff to receive these awards. The explanation went by very quickly and at times it was hard to hear, but basically the belonging award is to recognize the student who is welcoming to everyone, friendly, and helpful to others. She was pretty excited when her name was called. Unfortunately my pictures didn't turn out, too dark to even work with. She was very proud of it and was sure to show everyone!



This is just a quick pic of her being a ham!

No comments: